Saturday, February 16, 2013

A Little Side Project

After the mural frenzy that occurred at my work, the assistant principal saw what I could do and asked if I would be interested in painting a mural in her daughter's room.  Her family would be going on vacation for two weeks and she wanted me to complete it during that time so it would be a surprise for her daughter when they returned.  She explained to me that her daughter wanted a beach themed mural and gave me a few ideas as to what she would like.  
 

When I first saw the wall where she wanted the mural, I was a bit intimated.  There were two windows taking up most of the wall space and blue paint was sponged along the bottom half of the wall.  But once I planned it out and began, it started to come along...


 For the background, I used paint with primer in it so it would completely cover the sponged blue paint.  Paint samples used for accents and everything else since they were a sufficient amount of paint.




Besides the pink sign still needing the words Surf's Up painted on it, the mural turned out better than expected and the girl loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment