Saturday, February 16, 2013

My First Mural

We recently had an addition added to the school where I work.  The tech teacher asked if I would paint a mural in her classroom to help liven up the walls.  She shared her idea with me and I went to work.  The first step was to paint a castle across the entire back wall.  I decided to paint the windows of the castle using chalkboard paint so that different 'tech' images could be placed on them throughout the school year.


 The focal point of the mural is a dragon hanging over the middle of the castle.  The dragon is our school mascot and our school colors are teal and black so I used these colors to paint the creature.


 Once finished, it was a dramatic addition to the computer lab.  I could not be more proud of it!



No comments:

Post a Comment