Saturday, February 16, 2013

My new endeavor...

I was stumped as to what to get my wine loving best friend for her birthday, so I thought Why not make her a fancy glass?

I went to the dollar store and found a wine glass of nice quality.  Then, went to the local craft store and bought some glass enamel paint and rhinestones to give it some bling.  I painted polka dots all over the glass, baked the paint to the glass in the oven as instructed, stuck on the rhinestones, and VOILA!  I had a fabulous present to give my friend for about $5.  


And that's where it began...

A co-worker of mine saw it and requested that I make her a set to give her bridesmaids for her upcoming wedding.  Using her wedding colors, this was the end result:


Another co-worker saw these, and asked if I'd make a set for HER wedding...

(Her fiance loves the Denver Broncos hence the wedding colors!)
Then a friend of mine asked me make a set for her wedding as well.  Unfortunately, I forgot to take a picture of all of them completed, but here's a picture of one:


This lead me to try and conquer my next big step- to have a booth this summer in our local street fair selling them!!!  I've sent in my application, so we'll see how it all turns out in a couple months!    

No comments:

Post a Comment